There are steps you can take to help make sure your auto insurance claim is accepted by your insurance company.
- Report the accident to your insurance company right away without much delay
- Never forget to share information with the other drive, including insurance cards, license plate numbers, car registrations and contact information after an accident
- Make sure to note down the name of the other driver’s insurance agent.
- Note the date, time and location of the collision.
- If there are any witnesses, make note of their names and contact information.
- If police are not already on the scene, make sure they are notified so they are there to interview drivers and witnesses and file an accident report.
- Get the officers’ names, how they can be contacted if necessary, and the accident report number.
- Don’t immediately take the blame for the accident, even if you believe you were at fault. It could turn out that the police report includes information you’re not aware of indicating that the other driver was also responsible.