Insurance Crazy values your privacy
Insurance Crazy may collect information about you and your use of the Site in two different ways.
- User Submitted Data.
User Submitted Data is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, postal address, email address, home and/or wireless telephone numbers. Insurance Crazy may use User Submitted Data for several purposes including:
To respond to your questions:
- Send you information about our Company.
- Send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
Personalize your experience on the Site.
- To improve the user experience on the Site, such as enhancing our website, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and tailoring the Site experience and content based on your past activities on the Site.
We also may disclose User Submitted Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
Comply with legal process.
- Respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence.
- Enforce our terms and conditions.
- Protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates.
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property.
User Submitted Data you provide through the Site may be combined with other information you provide to us (via online or offline means), with demographic information and other information that is publicly available, or with other information about you that we may otherwise obtain online or offline.
We may disclose User Submitted Data:
Carriers and insurance agency partners we work with for the purposes of providing a quote to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Browser Derived Data
Browser Derived Data is information not submitted by you but that is instead provided by your access and use of the internet and an internet browser to connect to the Site, such as browser specific information, server log file information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, and location information. We receive Browser Derived Data by your access to the Site including in the following manner: Certain information is collected by most internet browsers, such as MAC address, type of computer, operating system details, browser software details, screen resolution, and whether it is a mobile device. Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your ISP.
We may use Browser Derived Data and other data, which does not identify you personally for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Browser Derived Data with User Submitted Data (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Browser Derived Data with User Submitted Data, the combined information will be treated by us as User Submitted Data Information as long as it is combined. We also may disclose Browser Derived Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence.
- To comply with legal process.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect User Submitted Data under our control.
About Sensitive Personal Data